Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Roasted Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans)


I love this recipe because it is such a cheap, healthy, and tasty snack.

Just take 1 dried* bag of chick peas (also called Garbanzo Beans) and soak overnight in 6-8 cups of water. The next morning, rinse the beans and add 6-8 more cups of water to crockpot. Cook beans on high for about 4 hours until soft. Drain water and place chick peas in single layer on cookie sheet. Sprinkle season all over the top. Roast at 425 for 40-50 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and make a rattling noise. I like mine crispy to taste like nuts. Enjoy. My 3 year old loves these and they are such a healthy snack! And good for the car!

*Note - you can also used canned chick peas. Just drain and skip right to the cookie sheet part.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to try these! what seasoning do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Lawry's "Season All." I think just salt would work fine. Yesterday I didn't put anything on them before I roasted them. When they came out I tried spraying some I can't believe it's not butter "squirt, "squirt" and then some cinnamon for kind of a treat. I thought they were good like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think I'm going to try this tonight!
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete