Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beth's Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love this recipe from Beth- great chocolate fix :) The only thing I do different, is I use 4 - 4.5 Tbsp of applesauce instead of 3.5.

Beth's Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies(Adapted from about.com)

1 ½ tbsp oil
3 ½ tbsp applesauce
½ cup brown sugar ( Or substitute ½ cup of Sucanat instead of the brown and granulated sugar)
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup cocoa powder (or carob powder)
1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
Mix wet and dry ingredients separately; combine. Bake 8-10 mins. (I do 7 ½ mins.) at 375ยบ.Cool on cookie sheet. Makes 30 cookies

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know they made dairy-free chips. We're totally making this next time we make cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one - although I think you can tell that it is a whole wheat/low fat recipe...whereas the other one just tastes normal (I think). Anyways, FYI. I love them. And we just use normal chocolate chips with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I asked my husband what he thinks of the cookies - he likes them and didn't notice that they were low fat/whole wheat...so there you go. They are good :)

    ReplyDelete